Whatcom Community College welcomes applications for a Head Cross Country Coach. The Head Coach for Men's and Women's Cross Country provides leadership and direction for the cross country programs for Whatcom Community College (WCC). Reporting to the Director for Athletics, the successful candidate will teach long-distance running skills at the collegiate level, hire qualified coaches to assist in the development of student-athletes, develop, manage, and assess budgets and equipment adhering to WCC athletic policies, and ensure academic and athletic eligibility of all men's and women's cross country student-athletes. In collaboration with the Athletics Department and student-athletes, the head coach is also responsible for fundraising for their programs.
- Job Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Administer, lead, and direct the men's and women's intercollegiate cross country program.
- Teach individual and team skills and strategies; build, develop, and evaluate teamwork; develop and enforce training rules.
- Monitor and support student-athlete academic performance, leadership, and progress.
- Scout and recruit student-athletes who are qualified both academically and athletically for intercollegiate competition.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships and effective communication with local area high school and university cross country programs.
- Conduct intercollegiate programs in accordance with NWAC and college rules and regulations.
- Develop collaborative and collegial relationships with the other coaches, student leaders and staff in the department and campus community.
- Fully participate in athletics activities including departmental meetings, outreach and fundraising events, and other relevant functions as needed and requested.
- Develop and create schedules for both teams to compete as a part of the NWAC.
- Report results to the NWAC office after all contests.
- Work closely with the college marketing and communications staff to develop website, media, and promotional materials. Organize fundraising activities to enhance and develop athletic programs.
- Inventory and track assigned athletic equipment.
- Understand, administer, and comply with the policies and procedures of the Athletics Department as outlined in the Whatcom Community College Athletic Handbook.
View full Job Announcement.