NWAC Rules & Requirements
- Athletes must be registered in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Athletes must have passed a minimum of 10 credit hours the last quarter of enrollment.
- A student-athlete may participate in more than one sport for a NWAC institution during any sport season.
- Athletes must be registered within 20 days from the beginning of the quarter.
- To qualify for eligibility to participate in a second (2nd) season of any sport, you must have earned a minimum of 36 credit hours and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 during any quarter of participation. See pages 26 and 27 of the NWAC codebook for more information.
- Athletes must be a high school graduate or the class of which you were a member has graduated.
- A student-athlete will be charged with one year of eligibility in that sport if they represent a member institution in any athletic contest (excluding scrimmages).
- Athletes may be declared ineligible if during the sport season you represent any club, organization or team other than your college team.
- Student-athletes who are a participant and/or signed to a current Letter of Intent (LOI) must sit out three terms (exclusive of summer) after separation from the athletic program.
- If convicted for the use or sale of legend drugs, including anabolic steroids, you will be disqualified from participation in a NWAC sponsored athletic event or activity for a period of one year
For more information on compliance and eligibility please visit nwacsports.com/rulesandcompliance.